with 6 WOITO’S, who were from originally from
DREWITZ and more recently
from TAUER, both small
villages near Drachhausen. Also on this boat were: Martin
DOMANN (b 1832 in
Drachhausen and Martin HUPPATZ
(b 27 Feb 1830 in Drachhausen) and
his wife Anna and 2 children Friedrich and Louise, believed to be
from Peitz. Louise URBAN.
There was also the THIELE
family, Wilhelm and Louise and their children, Hermann, Ernestine,
Wilhelmine, and Wilhelmine again. There was a minister for some years in
Drachhausen named THIELE,
who lived elsewhere, perhaps
PEITZ. The THIELE’s have
also been found in
1) Johann SCHMELLICK Sr., 26, of Drachhausen
2) Wife: Mary GOSCHMANN Schmellick, 30
3) Son, Christian SCHMELLICK, 1, married Maria RINZA of Drachhausen, who immigrated in 1896.
have been found say that the family went to
1) John SCHMELLICK, Jr., twin - 1870, married Maria Freeze
2) Mary SCHMELLICK, Jr., twin – 1870, married Fred Bader
3) Frederick SCHMELLICK- 1871, married Ida Martha Schultz
4) Anna SCHMELLICK – 1874, who married August Funke
5) Unnamed SCHMELLICK, 1881, died at birth
Mary GOSCHMANN SCHMELLICK had an older sister back in Drachhausen, Liese GOSCHMANN. Liese had married Christian HANNUSCH in 1858. It is believed Mary & Liese were communicating and their information was being shared with the HANNUSCH clan of Drachhausen.
Oldest son, Christian SCHMELLICK inherited the ZEARING farm and his daughter, Marie SCHMELLICK lived on the farm until her death in 1992. Wendisch was spoken in this home, by all three daughters of Christian.
Another Wend who is
believed to have immigrated to
2 Mar 2008 )
This site is created, maintained and owned by Iowa Wendish Heritage Study Group | Copyright © by Iowa Wendish Heritage Study Group | All rights reserved | This site may be linked to but not duplicated in whole or in part without our consent.