1)   Anna KONZAK, 16, b 2 June 1866 in Drachhausen

Anna came directly to the St. Anthony area. In 1884, she married Wend, Christian MUSCHICK, Sr.; who had immigrated as a child in 1856, to Fort Madison and had since moved with his family to a few miles south and west of St. Anthony.


Christian Muschick, Sr. had 2 wives.  The first was Milhelmina “Minnie” Rahfeld, who died when she gave birth to Hilma MUSCHICK Krueger's father, he brought this child into the marriage


2) Christian MUSCHICK, Jr., born 13 Dec 1879.

Anna KONZACK & Christian MUSCHICK Sr. had two children:


3)   William MUSCHICK, born about 1885, who married his first cousin, Marie MUSCHICK, 28 August 1907

4)   Emma Louise MUSCHICK, born about 1887, married Albert Hennies in abt. 1904


Anna KONZAK  was very young when she came over; just like some of the boys, after her confirmation. It would have been nice to know who she lived with in State Center, before marriage to Chris Muschick, it seems possible she was hired on as his housekeeper and child care for his first son, Chris Jr.


Christian Jr. was a builder.  He built the old Gary Mehlisch home, which has been torn down;  helped with their barn, and also the house that Pat Mehlisch lives in. There are several other barns and houses in the Zearing area that he built. Another barn that Chris Muschick built, has been restored and is owned by Albert Dunn, an Irishman.





This site is created, maintained and owned by Iowa Wendish Heritage Study Group | Copyright © by Iowa Wendish Heritage Study Group | All rights reserved | This site may be linked to but not duplicated in whole or in part without our consent.